AIRPLANES > EAGLET VERSION 2.00 FOR FSX AND PREPAR3D. Payware (May 2017)
The Eaglet light sport aircraft addon for Flight Simulator X is now available. This small high wing, all metal 2 seater is powered by a Rotax 912 engine and has a cruise speed of 105 kts. There are two different panel versions available. One with normal analog style gauges and the other with an Electronic Flight Instrumentation System (EFIS). These aircraft are based on the real world VH-DBJ and 24-7600 which are based at Redcliffe Flight Training. Special thanks to Mahl and the team at Redcliffe for their help in developing this aircraft.
FlightSimStore Price $14.95 AUD
Simmarket Price 11.50 EUR without tax (note that sales tax is added to this figure and this varies by country)
FS PilotShop Price $12.95 USD
Just Flight Price $12.95 USD
PC Aviator USA Price $12.95 USD
PC Aviator Australia Price $16.50 AUD
NOTE: It may take a day or two for retailers to update their files. Check to make sure that the price on the retailers page matches the price on this page before purchase.
All screenshots are high resolution (largest is 1920 pixels wide) and unedited except for cropping. Screenshots will open in a new browser window. Note that most of the screenshots are from before version 2.0, see above for new panel configurations in version 2.0.
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Custom gauges including radios, GPS and autopilots
- Two different panel setups, EFIS glass cockpit and normal analog gauge cockpit
- Compatibility with the Flight1 650 and 750 GPS units (note, these are separate gauges sold by Flight1 and are not included with the Eaglet)
- Seasky floats version
- Lovely Lotus style landing lights
- Virtual cockpit rain effects
- Realistic Prop Torque effects
- 7 real world liveries plus 4 with user adjustable registration numbers
- Genuine engine sounds
- Hot swappable RPM (engine/prop rpm) and airspeed (knots/km/h) gauges
- Animations for tiedowns, wheel chocks and pitot covers
- Animated pilot and passenger models which can be displayed or hidden (pilot head individually switchable in VC)
- In game Animation Manager/Flight Manual
- Engine wear modelling
- Programmable failures match the Emergency Procedures in the Flight Manual
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or FSX Gold
- Mircosoft's Flight Simulator X:Steam Edition
- Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D version 1 or higher
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
The demo version of the Eaglet consists of the Seasky floats model version
Download the demo from here: www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsEagletDEMO.zip (71MB)
With this demo you can find out exactly how well the Eaglet will run on your particular system. The demo includes the full documentation and is the same as the full version but is only the floats version. Everything else is exactly the same as it is in the full version. .
UPGRADING TO VERSION 2.00
If you have bought an earlier version you can download the version 2.0 installer from your account at the store you purchased the Eaglet. The version 2.0 installer (the file is called AntsEagletV200.exe) is the full package. Version 2.00 can be installed over the top of earlier versions but it is recommended to uninstall the original version first. If you have any additional repaints then you should make a copy of the aircraft.cfg entries before updating as the aircraft.cfg file will be overwritten.
Prepar3D v3 users should note that the Eaglet will install outside the Prepar3D folder. By default it will be installed to My Documents/Prepar3D v3 addons. If you have installed an earlier version of the Eaglet in Prepar3D v3 before then you should remove it before installing version 2.00.
You should also note that the "title" used the aircraft.cfg to identify each individual aircraft has been changed. Any saved flights using an earlier version of the Eaglet will therefore produce an error message and will not load the Eaglet.
The Eaglet paintkit can be downloaded here: Eaglet Paintkit
The paintkit is approx 15 MB in size and contains layered textures saved in photoshop format. The paintkit uses an auto installer as this is able to compress the files to a very small size.
PANELS and FLIGHT1 GPS COMPATIBILITY
The Eaglet comes in two basic panel configurations. A standard panel with steam gauges (left column of pictures below) and an Electronic Flight Information System (EFIS) panel (right column). In addition, each panel can come with various radio stacks. The default GPS 296 uses a GPS that is based on the FSX GPS system. The Flight1 650 and 750 panel versions (which appear as F1650 and F1750 in the aircraft selection list) are setup to display the Flight1 GNS 650 or 750 GPS gauges.
Note: the Flight1 GPS gauges are additional 3rd party gauges and are not included with the Eaglet. They may be purchased separately from Flight1. If you select the F1650 or F1750 and do not have the Flight1 gauges then the GPS will appear black. You should only use the models with the default GPS 296 versions (the top two in the pictures below).