AIRPLANES > TROJAN T28D Version 1.0 released May 2013
TROJAN T28D Version 2.1 released Mar 2014
TROJAN T28B&C Version 1.0 released Dec 2013
TROJAN T28B&C Version 1.1 released Mar 2014
TROJAN T28A Version 1.0 released Mar 2014
FlightSimStore Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $19.95 AUD each
Simmarket Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price 18.45 EUR (15.50 w/o tax) each
FS PilotShop Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $19.95 USD each
PC Aviator USA Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $19.95 USD each
Just Flight Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C various currencies available
PC Aviator Australia Buy T-28D Buy T-28B&C Price $19.95 AUD each
DOWNLOAD the T-28A donationware version
The T-28 Trojan will never be a considered a beautiful aircraft like sleek piston powered fighters such as the Mustang and Spitfire. The aircraft was initially created as a two seat trainer for the US Air Force with the first aircraft flying in 1949. The aircraft had a short production run with the last new T-28 delivered in 1958.
The original A model had a miserly 800 horsepower, 7 cylinder radial engine and a two bladed prop. The Navy became interested in the aircraft and ordered 491 B models which had the considerably more powerful 1425 horsepower Wright Cyclone R-1820-86 9 cylinder engine. The C model followed a few years later and this was modified with a tail hook for carrier operation. A shorter prop was installed on the C to prevent prop strike. Some of the original A models were modified with a larger engine and became the D model. These D models saw combat in various regions around the world.
Typical cruise speeds for the T-28D are 180 to 200 kts with 30 in Hg of manifold pressure and 2000 rpm. Climb rates can approach 4000 fpm.
This aircraft is based upon the T-28D “Huff ‘n’ Puff” from Warbird Aviation at Archerfield http://www.warbirdaviation.com.au
The T-28 is available as two packages. The initial package was for the T-28D only. The second package is for the T-28B and T-28C (the Navy versions).
T-28B&C V1.11 PATCH
There is a bug with the engine starter switch in V1.1 of the T-28B&C which prevents it working. Download this patch and run it if you have installed the T28B&C V1.1 (always check the version number by looking at the top of each page of the Pilot's Handbook).
T-28A DONATIONWARE and DEMO VERSION
Completing the T-28 series the T-28A version is now available for download. This aircraft is released as donationware. If you enjoy the aircraft then why not make a donation to www.aussiex.org or www.sim-outhouse.com to help these valuable websites cover their costs? It is recommended that anyone interested in buying the T-28B/C package or the T-28D package download the T-28A to see how well it performs on their system. Demo versions of the T-28B/C and D are no longer available, the T-28A should now be considered to be the demo version.
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN T-28A, T-28D and T-28B/C
If you require more power (1425hp vs 800hp) than the T-28A then Ant’s Airplanes sells two T-28 packages, the original T-28D package and the T-28B/C package. You can buy one or both of these packages. The following is a list of the main differences between the T-28A/B/C and D:
- B/C and D has 1425 hp engine vs 800hp in the A model
- B/C and D have 3 bladed prop vs 2 bladed in A model
- B/C and D have a lower profile canopy
- B/C and D have 6 weapon stations vs 2 in the A model
- B/C and D available as payware only vs A available as donationware
- B/C has a different panel layout with the location of many instruments changed
- B/C has a different attitude indicator, airspeed, manifold pressure and engine rpm gauges
- B/C has different cockpit and gauge lighting
- B/C has different switch panel and exterior lighting system
- B/C have a speed brake
- C model has a tailhook for carrier operations
- B/C has US Navy and Marines repaints, the D has Air Force, Fennec and COIN repaints, the A has US Air Force repaints
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Weapons systems which includes guns and launchable bombs and rockets.
- Three different models. DUAL model contains front and rear cockpits. SOLO model contains front cockpit only for better framerates. ATTACK model is the same as the SOLO model but with 6 weapons stations, armament panel and gun sight
- Lovely 3D style landing lights
- Fully adjustable interior panel lighting with individually switchable lights and intensity
- Original period radio sets (modern transponder and autopilot available as 2D popups only)
- 10 liveries (D package), 8 liveries (B/C package)
- Genuine thumping radial engine sounds
- Open canopy wind noise
- Individual noises for switches knobs etc.
- Custom engine start routine for realistic engine starts (auto start also available)
- Two-speed supercharger correctly modelled
- Animations for wheel chocks and pitot tube covers
- Animated pilot and passenger models which can be displayed or hidden
- Virtual cockpit rain, icing and fogging effects
- Exterior model structural icing effects
- Realistic Prop Torque Effect for better flight dynamics
- Wear and Tear modelling to simulate engine damage
- In game Animation Manager for setting program preferences, weights, fuel and checklists
T-28B/C VERSION 1.1 and T-28D VERSION 2.1
Released in Mar 2014 are patches for the T-28B/C and D. These patches fix a few bugs
and replace the sounds with a new set. They also include Prepar3D versions for use
in Prepar3D Version 2.0 or later. Existing T-28B/C/D owners can download the new
installer from their retailer account. You should be able to run the installer and
it will overwrite any earlier version. You can determine which version you have
currently installed by opening the Pilot’s Handbook. The version number is written
on the top of each page.
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or FSX Gold or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2 or higher
- Windows XP SP3, Vista or 7
- Hard drive space: Approx 330MB for A model, 678MB for B/C models, 542MB for D model
This is an addon aircraft for Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X SP2 or Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D V2 or higher. You therefore need either Microsoft's Flight Simulator X with Service Pack 2, Acceleration or FSX Gold (which includes Acceleration) or Prepar3D V2 or higher. The aircraft will not work with FSX RTM or SP1.
The installer for the T-28 contains the FSX and P3D V2 versions. The Prepar3D V2 version of the T-28 is NOT compatible with FSX or Prepar3D V1.4 or earlier.
The Trojan is a considerably detailed aircraft and therefore places a large load on your computer. I can only recommend that you download the T28A version to test the performance of the T-28 on your sytem. The T-28A includes the Solo and Attack versions only but it will give a very good indication of how well the T-28B/C and T-28D versions will work on your system.
Demo versions of the T-28D and T-28B/C are no longer available. Users should download the T-28A to check the performance of the T-28 on their own systems as it is very similar to the T-28B/C/D.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T-28D Pilot’s Handbook only. (2MB PDF)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T-28B/C Pilot’s Handbook only. (2MB PDF)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T28B/C Paintkit. (195MB Files are in photoshop PSD format)
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T28A Paintkit. (258MB Files are in photoshop PSD format)
BOMBS AND ROCKETS PACKAGE
This package contains the AI bombs and rockets of the T-28 weapons systems. Players who do not own the T-28 but fly in multiplayer sessions can download this package to avoid having their friends bombs and rockets replaced by less appropriate models.
Click here to DOWNLOAD the T-28 Bombs and rockets package.
SCREENSHOTS AND VIDEOS
All screenshots are high resolution (largest is 1920 pixels wide) and unedited except for cropping. Screenshots will open in a new browser window. First batch of screenshots feature the T-28D. Scroll down for T-28B/C screenshots.
Features the Navy T-28B/C model and also shows the weapons systems which have been added to the T-28D Version 2