- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or FSX Gold
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X:Steam Edition (FSX:SE)
- Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D V1, V2 or V3
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO
With this demo you can find out exactly how well the Sierra will run on your particular system. The demo includes the full documentation and is the same as the full version except for the following limitations:
- The airspeed, altimeter and CDI gauges do not function (INOP) in the demo.
- RXP version not included (note: the RXP GPS and Flight1 GPS units are not included with the purchase of the Sierra)
- 1 repaint only (all white).
Download the demo from here: www.antsairplanes.com/downloads/AntsSierraV200DEMO.zip(36MB)
VERSION 2.0 NOW AVAILABLE (Feb 2017)
Version 2.0 adds the following:
- Updated Animation Manager with full Pilot's Handbook and interactive checklists.
- Prepar3D Version 3 compatibility.
- Added support for Flight1 GNS530 and GNS430 to RXP models (Flight1 gauges are not included with the Sierra and may be purchased separately)
- New Garmin GL30 nav/com radio
- Improved transponder
- CDI gauge for vor, ils and glideslope navigation in both models
- New engine wear and maintenance programming
- New fuel consumption programming for more accurate fuel use
- New oil consumption programming
- New programmable emergency procedures failures
- Improved window transparency system (more levels and no longer requires restart of FSX)
- Improved stall and spin behaviour
- New parking brake/wheel chock programming that locks the aircraft in place (no more inching forward and breaking free at full power)
- Various bug fixes
If you have bought an earlier version you can download the version 2.0 installer from your account at the store you purchased the Sierra. The version 2.0 installer (the file is called AntsSierraV200.exe) is the full package.
Note for FSPilotShop customers
You may need to contact FSPilotShop to reauthorise your download links as FSPilotShop only keeps these links active for 12 months. If you contact FSPilotShop and request that the link be updated as there is a new version available they should fix it for you without an additional reauthorisation charge.
Read the AVSIM review of the Sierra at http://www.avsim.com/pages/1210/Ants/LSA.html
Special thanks to Greg Neale from airsportqld at Boonah for his help. Visit the Scenery page to download some free scenery for Boonah.
AIRPLANES > SIERRA LSA VERSION 2.00 FOR FSX AND PREPAR3D. Payware (Feb 2017)
The Sierra is a sleek lightweight 2 seater modern aircraft constructed in Italy from aluminium sheeting over a steel frame. The aircraft uses the 100hp Rotax 912 engine and will happily cruise at over 110kts. Even though the aircraft is not cleared for aerobatics it still displays stable, agile handling, crisp control response and excellent take off and climb rate performance.
Primarily designed as a trainer in the new light sport aircraft category it also makes a good cross country tourer with a range of over 600NM.
FlightSimStore Price $14.95 AUD
SimMarket Price 11.50 EUR without tax (note that sales tax is added to this figure and this varies by country)
FSPilotShop Price $12.95 USD
PCAviator Australia Price $14.95 AUD
PCAviator USA Price $12.95 USD
Just Flight Price $12.95 USD
V2.10 PATCH AVAILABLE (Feb 2017)
This patch fixes a problem with the cold and dark setting which may prevent engine starting as well as adding an option to always load the Sierra in a cold and dark state when loaded on the ground. It also fixes some typos and a texture issue with the dirt effect.
Download Sierra V2.10 patch (requires Sierra Version 2.00 to be installed already)
- Native FSX model with bump and specular maps
- Highly detailed Virtual Cockpit with full animations and mouse control (you can even open and close the air vents)
- Virtual Cockpit rain effects (with exterior rain effects on canopy)
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Custom radios package
- 10 Liveries included. 2 Australian, 2 New Zealand and 1 UK plus 5 that allow the user to set the registration number
- Animation Manager controls display of pilot, passenger, joystick, wheel covers, tiedowns, pitot covers. You can even control whether the pilot or passenger wears sunglasses.
- Special model that provides compatibility with the RealityXP 530 or 430 GPS and Flight1 GNS 430 or GNS 530 as well as allowing additional avionics to be installed
NOTE: the RealityXP GPS and Flight1 GNS GPS units are not included with the Sierra. The RealityXP GPS and Flight1 GNS GPS units can be purchased separately from RealityXP and Flight1. The RealityXP GPS is only compatible with FSX and not P3D or FSX:Steam Edition.
- Full lighting including Instrument, Strobe, Nav and Landing lights
- Tested by genuine Sierra pilots
- Pilot's Handbook and Quick Start guide included
- Please note that there is no 2D panel with this aircraft
- High quality realistic sounds
- Paintkit available (download here (90MB in photoshop format))
NEW V1.2 PANEL SCREENSHOTS